Grants Manager (remote)
Ohio Student Association works to help unleash the power of young people through base-building, grassroots campaigns, and leadership development. We have fought for community safety, economic justice, and democracy
reform. Our organization has trained hundreds of young people as community organizers and leaders. Since 2018, we
have registered 50,000 voters and created paths for young people to build political power beyond elections. For more on
our past initiatives and victories, check out our website here. OSA is a part of the Ohio Organizing Collaborative, an
innovative statewide organization that unites community organizing groups, labor unions, faith organizations and policy
institutes across Ohio.
Grants Manager Position Overview:
Ohio Student Association seeks a detail-oriented Grants Manager with strong writing and organizational skills. The Grants Manager partners with senior leadership to identify, prepare and submit grant applications to diverse grant making organizations and private foundations locally, regionally and nationally. The Grants Manager coordinates all activities pertaining to grants and grant cycles, including application, submission, follow-up communications, and required reporting for each grant. Grants Manager maintains an accessible annual grants calendar, and uses Ohio Organizing Collaborative systems to track individual grant proposals and produce intermittent (or as needed) grant status and funding reports. The Grants Manager is responsible for ensuring drafting, completion, and follow-up of
- Organize oversight, writing, submission, and (donor and internal) reporting associated with all
grants and corporate requests;
- Partner with Senior Leadership to develop and implement a comprehensive grant strategy.
- Monitor and report on grant writing, submission, and reporting activities as requested;
- Work with the Finance Department and OOC leadership to provide precise and complete financial
reporting to foundations.
- Partner in close working relationships with OSA organizers and staff to understand and report on
accomplishments, upcoming projects and events, and overall goals and objectives;
- Ensure complete intermediary and annual grant reports are provided in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate all grant requests with OSA/OOC staff and leadership;
- Assist in strengthening the OSA’s overall fundraising capacity
- Ensure that all prospect lists, invitation lists, pledge forms, and new donor input into software is
accurate and consistent with donors’ intentions;
- Maintain records in clear, concise fashion, making certain that all are available to pertinent staff;
- Support creation of content for newsletters, social media, OOC website, and other platforms
supporting our core fundraising messages;
- Partner in development and production of annual reports.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Experience writing grant proposals and building relationships with charitable foundations; success securing awards between;
- Excellent computer skills and fluency in the following:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), social media
- Google Docs
- Accurate data entry into and retrievals from databases
- Skill in effectively handling multiple overlapping deadlines required
- Must be collaborative and be able to work independently and as part of a multiracial, multi-faith,
- Must have excellent judgment, confidentiality, maturity, and decision-making skills
- Must take pride in building relationships, producing quality work and learning new things
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, with the flexibility to step-in and embrace tasks
that may be outside normal function
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and deal calmly and effectively in high stress situations
Priority deadline ends February 2nd but applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply,
please submit a brief cover letter explaining why you are interested in organizing, your resume and three
professional references to email@example.com.